How Can Pets Play with the Trixie Flip Board Dog Toy?
Dogs, especially puppies, are full of vibrant energy. You can let your dog run off a lot of this excess vibrancy, but you can also use their enthusiasm to improve their intelligence. Toys that help you teach your dog to think are an excellent addition to his or her toy box.
The Trixie Flip Board Dog Toy poses a series of puzzles your dog needs to learn to solve to get to their delicious treats. Initially, you may have to reward partially correct behavior with a manual treat. After a short while, your dog will be able to figure out the idea by themselves.
As soon as your dog solves one of the ever-increasingly more difficult challenges, they automatically find a rewarding treat. As your dog begins to figure out each stage of the game, you can increase the difficulty. Now, curiosity will drive your dog to think even harder.
Not only is this teaching toy a lot of fun, but it also gradually rewards your dog for learning how to tackle difficult problems. This can only add to your pet’s personality.
Trixie Flip Board Dog Toy – Main Features
This is a toy that can find proper storage in any narrow corner of the house. It’s flat, only about an inch tall, and a circular shape that is only nine inches in diameter. You can easily store it in a toy box, or set it on a shelf.
Moving on, the Trixie Flip Board Dog Toy is made of non-toxic, recycled plastic. It has a non-slip rubber rim on the bottom so it doesn’t slide across the floor during play. The whole toy can go in the dishwasher to keep it clean and looking like new. There are zero toxins to harm your dog.
There are three levels of difficulty for added training levels. In turn, these are split across five different toy designs. You can start with a simple level 1 training tower and gradually move towards harder layouts. No matter which design you choose, you can hide the treat in different places to increase the difficulty and continually challenge your dog.
When your dog begins to figure out a particular compartment, you can also leave some secret spaces empty. This is how you continually challenge your dog to learn new skills. By hiding treats in the spots your dog has yet to master, you will continue to prod them to think harder.
Precautions to Take
Since the Trixie Flip Board Dog Toy is dishwasher safe, make sure you keep it clean. There is no need for allowing any unhealthy slime to build up, which could make your dog sick. Just throw it in your dishwasher, and it’ll be ready for your next teaching session.
Never allow any dog to play with the toy unsupervised. While it is safe to use and non-toxic, the product is not designed as a chew toy. If your dog begins to chew on the compartment lids and handles, take the toy away immediately.
Reasons to Love Trixie Flip Board Dog Toy
- Some dog toys can get pretty smeared, but the Trixie Flip Board Dog Toy is dishwasher safe.
- Included with each toy design is a training booklet. It is full of different methods to challenge your dog to learn new things.
- The cones and compartments will not open if your dog simply knocks the Trixie Flip Board Dog Toy over. Each lid must be lifted straight up, or slide open to reveal their reward. In other words, there’s no shortcut to get to the treat.
- Each compartment has a different way of opening. Some have lids that slide while others have knobs to lift the lid off. It keeps your dog challenged at every level.
Reasons to Avoid Trixie Flip Board Dog Toy
- Large, heavy chewers should never be left alone with the Trixie Flip Board Dog Toy. There is a potential choking hazard if a dog is allowed to use it as a chew toy.
- Bigger dogs were able to dismantle the lids without much problem. However, this type of damage is not covered by the one-year warranty.
- Well-trained dogs should begin with a high-level of difficulty, as some found the lower levels too easy to solve.
What Users Are Saying
Dog owners raved about not only the way the Trixie Flip Board Dog Toy helps challenge their dog’s thinking, but how entertaining it is watching them at play. As dogs begin to realize there is a hidden treat somewhere inside the toy, the intensity of their search increases.
The dogs seem to love the toy, and the owners find a new way to give them treats. By challenging the dog to think, owners rave about how it combines rewards with learning skills. Many owners mention their dog enjoys the toy even when they don’t find a treat inside a compartment.
Some owners indicated their dog figured out certain lower-level stages very quickly. Since you have the ability to make particular levels more difficult yourself, consider a more difficult stage for your first purchase.
Dogs love to learn. Teaching them new things not only helps them become more loving pets, but it also encourages them to use their inherent intelligence. The Trixie Flip Board Dog Toy is an excellent way to foster that intelligence. If you’ve owned this toy, let us know how much you enjoyed it!
Recommended Read: Best remote control toys for dogs