When you love your cat, you want to provide them with the best possible stimulation and exercises. Finding interactive cat toys isn’t always easy, and many of them simply drench their products in catnip. If you’re looking for a great way to keep your cat moving and thinking, we have the answers for you!
Below we have compiled a list of ten interactive cat toys we think your cat or kitten may love. Although everyone’s pet’s interests may vary, we have done extensive research to ensure we’re bringing you some viable candidates. Keep reading below to find the perfect interactive toys for your furry friend!
Interactive Cat Toy FAQ
If you are a new cat owner or simply shopping for a gift for a friend’s cat, we’ve got you covered. You’re not the only one that has questions about interactive cat toys and the importance of them. Below we have some common questions that arise when talking about interactive toys.
1. What Is an Interactive Cat Toy?
An interactive cat toy is a toy that interacts with your cat. Most interactive cat toys make sounds or move around to further engage your cat in play. It is important to note that interactive toys come in different shapes, sizes, forms, and price ranges.
2. What Do Interactive Cat Toys Do?
An interactive cat toy is meant to intrigue your pet into playing with it. Most interactive cat toys feature quick or fluttering, life-like, movement to catch your kitties’ eyes. If the toy does not roll, flit, wiggle, or wobble around then it most likely has laser lights or sounds.
It is not uncommon for interactive toys to make sounds. Most sounds, just like the movement, will be life-like. You can expect nature sounds, rodent sounds, bird calls, and even wing fluttering from many interactive toys for cat
3. How Do Interactive Cat Toys Work?
If you have an interactive toy that does not require you to interact with it as well, chances are you need batteries. Most interactive cat toys that move on their own require batteries to operate. If the toy doesn’t move on its own, shine a light or a laser, or they make sounds, they most likely require your assistance to operate. Examples of these toys include wands, balls, feathers, etc.
4. Where Can You Buy Interactive Toys?
Cats are one of the most owned pets on the planet, and that makes finding cat toys in stores extremely easy. Having interactive and thought-provoking toys is becoming a standard among cat toys. We recommend the following physical and online retailers to find interactive cat toys:
How We Reviewed
Our list of interactive cat toys that your cat will love was extensively reviewed across a wide range of platforms. Not only did we want to bring you some of the most popular products on the market, but we also wanted to give you a range of toys that could fit varied interests. The interactive cat toys on our list were selected due to their price point, unbiased customer reviews, interactiveness, and ease of use.
Overall Price Range of Interactive Cat Toys (and Other Similar Products)
Cat toys, like many pet products, can range wildly in price. We have seen interactive toys range anywhere from $ all the way to $$. It is important to note that the more expensive a toy doesn’t necessarily mean the more interesting your cat will find it. Trust the heart-broken reviews from cat owners who have spent a pretty penny only for their whiskered friend to turn their nose up. Sometimes the simpler the toy, the better!
What We Reviewed
Tumbler Laser Interactive Cat Toys
No products found.
What’s better than a cat toy that moves and has a laser light? The Tumbler Laser Interactive Cat Toys is a tantalizing combination of spinning movements, LED light pointer, and feed ball. Your cat will get plenty of exercise chasing this rotating toy around!
PetSafe Pounce Cat Toy, Interactive Automatic Toy
- FUN ENRICHMENT: Watch your cat's natural instincts come alive; Unpredictable movement patterns keep your cat’s...
- INDOOR EXERCISE: Keeps cats active as they chase a moving electronic mouse around a circular path
- VERSATILE: Four adjustable speed settings (low, medium, high and variable) keep your cat or kitten interested
Do you have a hunter on your hands? Are you looking for interactive cat toys to keep your quick moving critter on the move? The PetSafe Pounce Cat Toy, Interactive Automatic Toy is a great choice for the four-legged ninja on your hands. Watch as your kitten chases the neon mouse around and around the battery-operated track.
PetSafe FUNKitty Egg Cersizer Interactive Toy
- ENRICH: Watch your cat's natural instincts come alive; unique egg shape makes it roll unpredictably for more fun
- EXERCISE: Combines mealtime with exercise to improve weight loss and fight obesity
- PERSONALIZE: Convenient adjustable openings work for many kibble sizes and allow you to control how quickly your cat...
The PetSafe FUNKitty Egg Cersizer Interactive Toy is an affordable favorite among many four-legged companions. The PetSafe FUNKitty Egg Cersizer Interactive Toy features a wobbly and intriguing design that dispenses treats and keeps your cats or kittens entertained for a surprising amount of time. The best part is, this toy is dishwasher safe!
Multi-activity Kitty/ Cat Scratching Post /Pad with Catnip
No products found.
Living Express’ Multi-activity Kitty/ Cat Scratching Post /Pad with Catnip, Sturdy Recycled Materials Scratcher Toy is a great addition to any cat owners home. Not only can your cats scratch the cardboard, but they can also play with the ball track, and they can bounce around with the included catnip. The best part is, this toy helps your cat avoid the furniture and stay entertained.
Pet Fit For Life 2 Feather Teaser and Exerciser for Cat and Kitten
- Another great cat wand from Pet Fit For Life – We listened to our customers and created the most durable cat wand sold...
- Exclusive new feature makes this wand the best – Our exclusive friction based pole connection is what makes this wand...
- Soft, durable handle – We were the first company to develop the soft, durable, foam handle. So easy to grip and hold...
If there is one thing that cats and kittens love in interactive cat toys, it’s constant movement. One of the best ways to interact with your cats is to play with them one on one. The Pet Fit For Life 2 Feather Teaser and Exerciser for Cat and Kitten is one of the best, most affordable, interactive cat toys on the market!
Bergan Turbo Scratcher Cat Toy
- Fun Cat Accessories: Racetrack cat toy includes a cardboard cat scratcher, rolling ball and catnip
- Cat Scratch Furniture Protector: Distracts cat from damaging furniture by providing scratch outlet
- Interactive Cat Toy: Pet rolling ball provides mental stimulation and a variety of playtime options
If you are a cat enthusiast, chances are you’ve seen the Bergan Turbo Scratcher Toy. This renowned toy is one of the best interactive cat toys on the market. It may seem like an overly simplistic toy, only having a single, round track with a ball and a surface to scratch in the middle. However, for some reason, cats can’t get enough of this thing!
Pet Zone Fly By Spinner Cat Toy
- INTERACTIVE CAT TOY: The Fly By Spinner Cat Toy brings the wild inside with flying action that replicates the movement...
- MENTAL & PHYSICAL STIMULATION: When you flip the switch and turn the cat toy on, your cat will experience stimulating...
- ENCOURAGES ACTIVITY & PLAY: Lifelike, unpredictable flying movement with realistic fluttering sound encourages cat’s...
Pet Zone’s Fly By Spinner Cat Toy is an interactive wonder that will have your cats stalking and playing for hours. With an unpredictable, fluttering, butterfly with realistic sounds, the Fly By Spinner Cat Toy is sure to get even the laziest cats interest. If you want an easy way to entertain your furry loved ones, this is the toy to try!
PetSafe Bolt Interactive Laser Cat Toy
- SAFE FOR PETS: The Bolt features a Class IIIa laser with a 5mW max power output for a safe play experience; Requires 4...
- AUTOMATIC PLAY: The Bolt automatically turns the laser off after 15 minutes to prevent your cat from being...
- ENTERTAINING TO CATS: The exciting laser moves randomly across floors and walls which appeals to the natural hunting...
PetSafe Bolt Interactive Laser Cat Toy is one of the few lasers on the market actually safe for your cat to play with. The PetSafe Bolt Interactive Laser Cat Toy features an automatic shut-off system that engages after 15 minutes of play or inactivity. The best part is, PetSafe offers you a one-year warranty to protect against any damage.
Pawaboo Cat Toy Electronic Mouse, Premium Interactive Pet Cat
- [Vivid Stimulation]: A cunning mouse plays hide and seek to captivate your pet''s attention, simulating a real movement....
- [Electronic Cat Teaser]: Battery operated and portable. (Batteries not included)
- [Fast & Slow Mode]: Two different Speed Setting for choices - Fast and Slow, keeping your pet entertained.
The Pawaboo Cat Toy Electronic Mouse, Premium Interactive Pet Cat Teaser Hide and Seek Toy features a burrowing mouse that plays an active game of hide-and-seek. Your cat will love the randomization to keep them entertained. The best part is, the Pawaboo Cat Toy Electronic Mouse, Premium Interactive Pet Cat Teaser Hide and Seek Toy features quiet track technology and different speed settings that are perfect for nighttime play!
Trixie 5-in-1 Activity Center
- Game 1: globe resembles a fish bowl and requires cats to scoop out treats with their paw
- Game 2: peg allows cats to make out treats from a distance and map out a hunting strategy
- Game 3: alley is a playful option that allows cats to earn treats while lying down using their paws or claws or toes
The Trixie 5-in-1 Activity Center is an incredible cat toy because it features five different interactive and play elements. Not only can your cat fish treats out of the attached bowls, but they can also plan out their attack through the varied and interesting landscape. The best part is, they even have a portion where you can put liquid treats as well.
After taking a look at the list above, it is clear which one of these toys is the best. The best interactive cat toy is easily the Bergan Turbo Scratcher Cat Toy. The Bergan Turbo Scratcher is one of the most popular cat toys on the market today, and that is due to the simplistic design and affordable price point. Trust us, spin the ball around the track once and watch as your cat’s eyes grow in addicted wonder. Just make sure you put this toy away at night as the ball can get noisy the faster and faster it is pushed around the track. Take the time to ensure that you find the ideal toy for your feline friend.
Featured Image via Pexels
Last update on 2021-07-26 at 13:44 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API