If you’ve ever owned a cat or even seen a cat playing, you know that cats love balls. They will bat, swat, and chase absolutely anything that can roll across any surface. You can keep them occupied for hours will balls that move by themselves or hang from flexible rods they can jump and swat at. They will chase rubber balls under the furniture or your appliances and often get upset when their favorite toy gets lost underneath something. It’s both adorable and a part of the cat’s natural behavior. Cat balls stimulate innate responses in the animal that existed long before they were domesticated as pets.
Cat at natural hunters, and their natural prey is small mammals like rodents or even small birds. In order to catch prey in the wild, they will stalk and pounce. Once they’ve caught a mouse or other meal, they will often shake it back and forth to break its spine and kill it. This behavior can be seen in cats of all sizes, from domestic house cats to wild lions and tigers. Cat balls are a toy that specifically engages that natural behavior. By giving you cat toys like this that allow them to use their natural predatory instincts, you make it less likely that they will use those behaviors on a human. So, cat balls are a way to prevent unnecessary injury from biting or scratching.
If you’re looking for the right toy for your cat, you may have some questions about exactly what to buy. Let’s look at some common questions about cat balls.
What Are Cat Balls?
Cat balls are any type of cat toys that use a ball or any shape that can roll. These types of toys engage the cat’s natural hunting behavior and provide hours of fun. This type of natural enrichment is important for the cat’s health and well being.
What Are Cat Balls Made From?
Cat balls are small balls that are made from plastic, wood, yarn, fabric, or other materials. The best examples are easy for the animal to roll and chase, and also fit into their mouth so they can carry it around.
How Do Cat Balls Work?
Cat balls work by encouraging the animals to swat, roll, and otherwise move the ball on a hard surface. These toys are great in the kitchen or on hardwood floors. However, an industrious feline will find ways to play with them on the carpet if given the chance. There are many varieties, including basic round plastic, balls filled with bells, balls that mimic crumpled paper, balls that move inside other toys, balls that hang and swing, and balls inside other balls.
Where Can You Buy Cat Balls?
Cat balls can be purchased at major pet stores such as PetCo or PetsMart. They can also be purchased online at retailer websites or Amazon.com.
What Other Types of Cat Toys Are Available?
Other types of cat toys besides balls include stuffed toys filled with catnip, toys on strings, stuffed animals, toys on sticks that wave, toys that rattle, and toys made for chewing.
How We Reviewed
In order to determine the best cat balls available, we reviewed 10 products. We’ve broken them down into a description to give you a comprehensive understanding of their features, pros and cons, pricing, and where you can find the item for purchase. You should have enough resources in this article to determine which product is right for you and your pet.
Overall Price Range of This Product (and Similar Products)
Cat balls range in price from about $5 to about $13 depending on quality.
What We Reviewed
Rimobul Standard 10 Colors Sparkle Balls
- Sparkle balls measure approx. 1.5" (dia),including the sparkle tinsel;1.3"(dia) without the tinsel
- These are a constant source of entertainment for cats and kittens
- Sparkle balls are super fun, and cats love to bat them all over the house!
The Rimobul Standard 10 colors sparkle balls and basic, brightly colored “pom-pom” balls with shiny tinsel pieces. They are 1.5 inches in diameter with the tinsel. Cats can easily swat and throw these all over any surface. They’re also soft enough for the cat to pick up in his or her mouth. Each pack has 100 balls in 10 colors, including red, pink, yellow, orange, royal blue, light blue, green, black, white, and purple.
Petsvv 24 Pack Mylar Crinkle Balls
- HIGH QUALITY: Mylar Crinkle Balls Cat Toys are made of soft & lightweight Mylar texture in right size for cats to grasp...
- INGENIOUS DESIGN: This toys for cats will go crazy with the cat ball toy that makes crinkle sound when playing. So funny...
- PROMOTE THE FEELINGS: This crinkle cat toy can let the cat play with ease, also can enhance the relationship between cat...
The mylar crinkle balls by Petsvv mimic one of a cat’s favorite things to play with—trash. We all know how much cats love to toss around a crumpled piece of paper. This toy gives them that experience with a few bonuses. They’re made of better quality material than a ball of trash, and they’re made to be picked up by the cat using her paws of mouth. The crinkling sound will keep your kitty engaged for hours. These are also great for those who are looking for something simple that is long-lasting.
Bouncy Tails Natural Feathers Interactive Bouncy Ball
- Made with clean natural feathers
- Original ball cat toy that draws out instinctive fun.
- A playtime cat toy that owners can also enjoy.
The Bouncy Trails bouncy cat balls with natural feathers is a fun twist on the standard ball. Attached to a fun bouncy ball are natural feathers for your cat to chase and attack. This stimulates natural behaviors like tracking and pouncing. The feathers are clean and natural, to prevent sickness. Cats of all ages will enjoy this interactive toy that satisfies their desire to stalk a feathery “friend.”
Petstages Tower of Tracks Cat Toy
- MENTALLY ENGAGING TRACKS TOY: This interactive cat toy is designed with 3 levels of tracks and 3 brightly colored moving...
- GREAT FOR SINGLE & MULTIPLE CAT HOUSEHOLDS: Whether you have one cat or more, the Tower of Tracks will keep your furry...
- UNIQUE SAFETY BAR DESIGN: A small safety bar across the top central opening keeps overly curious kitties from getting...
The Tower of Tracks cat boy features 3 balls that spin and roll around 3 levels of track. The movement and brightly colored balls will definitely grab your cat’s attention. Your furry friend will stay busy as he chases these ball around the tiers! Tower of Tracks is durable, with a closed top for years of fun. Your cat will be stimulated both mentally and physically as he chases the balls and tries to learn their pattern.
PetSafe SlimCat Interactive Toy and Food Dispenser
- ENRICHMENT: Watch your cat's natural instincts come alive as she chases the SlimCat across the floor
- EXERCISE: Combines mealtime with exercise to improve weight loss and fight obesity
- PERSONALIZATION: Convenient adjustable openings work for many kibble sizes and allow you to control how quickly your cat...
The PetSafe toy and food dispenser is a fun combination of a cat ball toy and dispenser for snacks. This toy can help a cat fight obesity by encouraging play. They only get a snack if they exercise. This toy can be personalized using whatever brand and size of kibble you prefer. While promoting play, this toy forces a cat not to eat too much, too fast. It’s dishwasher safe, adjustable, and the company provides customer care six days a week.
Balls with Bells Cat Toys Set
- Toys Set featuring colorful vented plastic balls with metal bells inside to entice cats
- High quality product
- Manufactured in China
These cat balls are a standard, tried-and-true toy for cats. They love to chase the colorful balls across the floor, tossing and swatting at them. Each ball has a small bell inside so that they make fun noises when they roll and bounce. Cats love the sound and visual stimulation.
Fashion’s Talk Cat Toys Furry Rattle Ball for Kitty
No products found.
The Fashion’s Talk cat toys feature pompom balls with a fun rattle sound. These soft rattling balls provide hours of fun for your pet. Your cat will love tossing them, swatting them, and picking them up with her mouth. These simulate real-life stalking and hunting furry prey.
BALLMIE Felt Wool Cat Toys Ball with Catnip and Bell
- Natural Handmade Felt Wool Cat Toys Ball is our BALLMIE new product release in 2018.
- TThis is a product using 100% Natural Wool by handmade felting wool process.This ball consists of comfortable wool...
- The natural wool covering the plastic hardcore with bell is made by natural handmade wet felting wool process without...
The BALLMIE felt wool cat toy features handmade, 100% natural wool texture over plastic. There is a bell inside for auditory fun. Wood covering the plastic creates a unique sound. These balls are the perfect size for cat paws, including elderly cats who still need playtime. The balls are constructed without glue, making the product safe for cats with allergies. The wool provides a fun texture for the cats and the patterns are beautiful.
YOFUN Interactive Cat Toy
- ★360 DEGREE SELF ROTATION -The primary purpose of the self rotating ball is to have your pet chase the ball around and...
- ★AUTOMATIC DIRECTION CHANGE - Due to the sphere shape and self balancing system, the ball will automatically change...
- ★BEST INDOOR EXERCISE FOR PET - Your pet will no longer have days when it is bored and sitting around all day. The...
The YOFUN cat toy is a battery-powered, interactive toy. It self-rotates to stimulate your cat to run and chase the toy. It’s a simple, push-button start, and the ball rotates and blinks red. It has automatic direction change when left on and on a hard surface. The ball should be turned off when playtime is over. The YOFUN will encourage your cat to exercise by keeping them interested and getting them moving. The toy comes with 3 sets of batteries.
GoCat Da Ball Stick/Wand Cat Toy
- Made in United States
- Package height :41.148 cm
- Package length :1.905 cm
This simple yet effect cat toy features a furry, colorful ball on the end of a string. The string is attached to a stick. To use the toy, you dangle the ball in front of the cat and encourage him to run and jump. The cat will try to attack the colorful ball for endless fun. This toy provides great exercise for the cat and interactive play with the owner.
Cat balls are one of the most effective and engaging toys for cats. They stimulate their natural behavior and keep them healthy and active. Every cat owner should consider owning at least some cat balls or a similar toy. Although all the products are great, the best one for most cats is the Petsvv Crinkle Balls. Cats have proven over and over that they love a balled up piece of paper, and these simulate that. They’re more durable than paper and are hard to lose under furniture. If you’re looking for cat balls, there are lots of great options, but the Petsvv Crinkle Balls are guaranteed to please you and your cat. If your animal prefers a standard ball, then the sparkle balls are also a great choice. Either way, your cat will enjoy endless hours of fun.
Last update on 2021-05-17 at 18:53 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API